“The Putin regime’s continued illegal occupation of Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula and its provocative military activity in eastern Ukraine remains a grave concern to Canada and the international community.
“Last week, Canada announced its intent to impose additional sanctions on Russia to further increase economic and political pressure on the Putin regime and those closest to it.
“Today, we are announcing those measures, which include additional economic sanctions and travel bans against Russian and Ukrainian individuals, and economic sanctions against Russian and Ukrainian entities. These sanctions, imposed in close coordination with partners in the United States and Europe, will further increase pressure on those responsible for the crisis in Ukraine. Export restrictions announced by the European Union with respect to military and military dual-use goods destined to Russia, are already in place in Canada. We are also committed to imposing the necessary regulations to enact export restrictions on technologies used in Russia’s oil exploration and extraction sector. Those will be implemented in parallel with our allies.
“President Putin has not provided any indication that he is prepared to respect Ukraine’s territorial integrity or use his control over Russian-backed agents to end the violence in Ukraine. On the contrary, reports indicate that, despite the criminal downing of MH 17, Russia continues to provide logistical support and sophisticated weapons to its agents in eastern Ukraine.
“Together with our allies and partners, we stand ready to take further actions if the Putin regime’s military aggression continues.”
Expanded Sanctions List
- Sergei Orestovoch Beseda, Commander of the Fifth Service of the Russian Federal Security Service and Commander of the Service for Operational Information and International Communications of the Russian Federal Security Service.
- Aleksandr Vasilievich Bortnikov, permanent member of the Russian Federation’s Security Council and Director of the Russian Federal Security Service.
- Mikhail Vladimirovich Degtyarev, member of the State Duma.
- Mikhail Efimovich Fradkov, permanent member of the Russian Federation’s Security Council and Director of the Foreign Intelligence Service.
- Boris Vyacheslavovich Gryzlov, permanent member of the Russian Federation’s Security Council.
- Ramzan Akhmadovich Kadyrov, President of the Republic of Chechnya.
- Vladimir Georgyevich Kulishov, First Deputy Director of the Russian Federal Security Service, Chief of the Border Guards.
- Konstantin Valerevich Malofeev, Russian business figure and financier of secessionist groups in Ukraine.
- Rashid Gumarovich Nurgaliev, permanent member and Deputy Secretary of the Russian Federation’s Security Council.
- Nikolai Platonovich Patrushev, permanent member and Secretary of the Russian Federation’s Security Council.
- Nikolay Terentievich Shamalov, CEO and majority shareholder of Bank Rossiya.
- Igor Shchegolev, aide to the President of the Russian Federation and the former Minister of Communications and Mass Media.
- Alexander Nikolayevich Tkachyov, Governor of Krasnodar Krai.
- Valerii Yuriovych Travkin, officer in the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
- Sergey Abisov, “Minister of Interior” of the “Republic of Crimea.”
- Pavel Yurevich Gubarev, one of the self-described leaders of the so called “Donetsk People’s Republic.”
- Ekaterina Yurevna Gubareva, so called “Minister of Foreign Affairs” of the “Donetsk People’s Republic.”
- Boris Litvinov, Chairman of the “Supreme Council” of the so called “Donetsk People’s Republic.”
- Oksana Tchigrina, spokesperson of the so called “government” of the ”Luhansk People’s Republic.”
- Bank of Moscow
- Dobrolet (Dobrolyot) Airlines
- Russian Agricultural Bank (Rosselkhozbank)
- Russian National Commercial Bank
- United Shipbuilding Corporation
- VTB Bank OAO (former Vneshtorgbank)
- “Army of the Southeast”
- “Crimean enterprise ‘Azov distillery plant’”
- “Donbass People’s Militia”
- “Federal State of Novorossiya”
- “International Union of Public Associations ‘Great Don Army’”
- “Luhansk Guard”
- “Resort ‘Nizhnyaya Oreanda’”
- “State concern ‘National Association of producers Massandra’”
- “State enterprise ‘Factory of sparkling wine Novy Svet’”
- “State enterprise ‘Kerch commercial seaport’”
- “State enterprise ‘Magarach of the national institute of wine’”
- “State enterprise ‘Sevastopol commercial seaport’”
- “State enterprise ‘Universal-Avia’”
- “State ferry enterprise ‘Kerch Ferry’”
- “Vostok battalion”